Sure, we’re in love with all issues Singapore. Learn on for all of the explanation why!
Singapore is a metropolis of many faces – there’s a lot to like! Our trendy structure, our clear and inexperienced streets, our vibrant tradition, and our wealthy heritage… we might go on. It’s top-of-the-line locations to dwell in (a minimum of in accordance with us). Sure, there’ll all the time be issues we will work on, however the island’s attraction is plain. That’s why we picked the brains of our Honeycombers staff and listed down all of the issues we love about Singapore to have a good time our nation’s 58th birthday. Learn on for all of the patriotic feels!
58 explanation why we love Singapore
1. We’re a stunning inexperienced metropolis with parks and gardens in every single place. Conquer our stunning mountain climbing trails, cycle throughout the island on a two-wheeled journey, and luxuriate in nature walks with a view.
2. The array of distinctive issues to do, new points of interest and funky eating experiences Singapore affords. We could also be small however we’re mighty inventive.
3. We’re completely satisfied to snicker at ourselves (and our nation). However we even have fierce nationwide pleasure. Insult our tradition or bad-mouth our meals, and also you’ll really feel the wrath of a thousand hungry Singaporeans.
4. Our merlions: do you know we even have a complete of six throughout town? Time to go on a hunt for the half lion, half fish icon.
5. Going loco for trains? We’ve bought picturesque MRT stations dotting the island – many with attention-grabbing tales behind them. Time to go on a journey round Singapore…
6. Two phrases: durian season.
7. Our highly effective passport, that’s for positive (we’re #1 in 2023!).
8. Neighbourhoods every with their very own character and color. Chinatown, Little India, Kampong Glam, Tiong Bahru and Joo Chiat, simply to call just a few.
9. The festive temper by no means ends. From Chinese language New 12 months to Deepavali to Hari Raya to Christmas, we have a good time all of it. And now we have a continuing rotation of festivals such i Gentle Singapore, Gentle to Night time Competition, Baybeats, and buzzy occasions just like the Singapore Grand Prix and ZoukOut.
10. You may get something at any hour of the day. Late-night supper, anybody?
11. Taxis and ride-hailing platforms are comparatively inexpensive (in comparison with different nations). They’re an effective way to journey with out spending a number of time getting from one place to a different. Plus, they’re comfy and cooling – they assist us keep away from the horrible humid climate!
12. The truth that you possibly can nonetheless discover secret spots and hidden parks in such a tiny nation.
13. Spectacular performances on the levels of Esplanade, Sands Theatre at Marina Bay Sands, and Victoria Theatre and Live performance Corridor.
14. Road artwork and wall murals adorn quite a few corners of Singapore. And so they’re all free to admire!
15. Our hawker meals: roti prata, rooster rice, laksa, nasi lemak… and the record goes on. Additionally, we recognize the meals supply riders who work tirelessly, rain or shine.
16. 12 months of summer season climate, plus the occasional rain.
17. Our superb native vogue and wonder scene. Shoutout to all our pretty homegrown labels!
18. The sunrises and sunsets are among the most stunning on the planet.
19. The range of our folks.
20. The colourful colors of our shophouses and HDBs.
21. The several types of playgrounds! We’ve bought good, quaint playtime that’s free and satisfying for everybody.
22. It’s a meals paradise: Michelin-starred names, native creations and worldwide cuisines from town’s finest eating places and cafes.
23. Superb athletes who signify Singapore on the world stage and native legends who make us proud.
24. The brief commutes that we take without any consideration – it doesn’t take lengthy to journey from one finish of the nation to the opposite!
25. Everybody’s your “uncle” or “auntie”. #household
26. The lahs, lehs and lors of Singlish!
27. Shophouses – now we have SO many stunning ones everywhere in the metropolis, and every has a heritage story to inform.
28. The individuals who labour behind the scenes to maintain Singapore robust: healthcare workers, lecturers, development staff, cleaners, and so forth.
29. Midnight shenanigans. Supper spots, late-night purchasing, mingling with the animals on the Night time Safari, karaoke classes, bar-hopping, partying until daybreak on the hottest nightclubs… and getting dwelling safely.
30. (Principally) clear public bogs.
31. The juxtaposition of outdated and new: heritage shophouses subsequent to towering skyscrapers, and conventional bakeries sitting alongside trendy eating places.
32. Bubble tea outlets on each nook. ‘Nuff mentioned.
33. The truth that temples, church buildings and mosques can co-exist harmoniously.
34. A giant coronary heart for our native inventive skills: musicians, artists, actors, designers, photographers and writers. So. Proud.
35. Lovin’ our heritage eating places!
36. It’s really easy to get something you need – from meals to groceries to furnishings. All the things might be discovered on-line and delivered to you.
37. It’s clear and protected. (Sure, we all know, low crime doesn’t equal no crime. However nonetheless, how usually do folks get robbed or held at gunpoint right here?)
38. So many alternatives to volunteer and assist to these in want.
39. Greatest public transport system in comparison with numerous different nations – it’s fast, straightforward and accessible!
40. The rising voices advocating for racial equality, the LGBTQ+ group, caring for our psychological well being and extra.
41. Our public libraries – they’re cooler than you assume.
42. Our “kampong” village. How straightforward is it to randomly stumble upon somebody you realize on the road? Or work out you might have the identical schoolmate as your work buddy’s spouse’s cousin?
43. We could also be an city metropolis, however we nonetheless have a plethora of farms in Singapore that give us natural veggies and recent milk.
44. Let’s not overlook about Changi Airport, one of many world’s finest, dwelling to Jewel Changi Airport. (And Singapore Airways, one of many high throughout the globe).
45. ActiveSG and its inexpensive sports activities amenities. Additionally, all of the gyms you’ll want to hold match and fab.
46. It’s a family-friendly metropolis that’s continually developing with new actions and points of interest for little ones.
47. Water that’s really clear and drinkable from the faucet.
48. All of the free issues that we get to get pleasure from as Singapore residents.
49. Singapore Botanic Gardens, our Unesco World Heritage pleasure and pleasure. Gardens by the Bay, we’re lookin’ at you, too!
50. We will simply faux a tropical vacay at seashore golf equipment and offshore islands like Pulau Ubin.
51. The smooth purchasing malls that maintain nearly all the pieces and something you want. We love how big-name worldwide manufacturers sit subsequent to native labels – give it up for homegrown outlets like Love, Bonito, Past The Vines, Bynd Artisan, In Good Firm, Carrie Okay. and extra.
52. Our steady and protected forex.
53. The artwork and tradition in our museums and galleries, and the way they’re free to enter for locals.
54. Our multicultural range is what makes us vibrant.
55. The view from above (hiya, rooftop eating places and bars) is great.
56. Give it up for our starring function in Loopy Wealthy Asians!
57. We’re not kiasu, we’re simply #profitable.
58. It’s dwelling, really. And we wouldn’t have it every other means.
Need to share why you’re keen on Singapore? DM us @Honeycombers on Instagram!